Rooting is an option to fix Android problems. It helps Android users to jailbreak and modify the operating system. If you root your Samsung Galaxy S5, it gives you complete control over your smartphone hardware.
You can try the latest version of Android even if it’s not supported on your device due to how outdated and old your hardware is. Root allows you to customize Android as you like, remove or uninstall unwanted pre-installed apps and files, add different features, or install the custom recovery software.
In this article, I will explain how to root and unroot your Samsung Galaxy S5.
How to root your Samsung Galaxy S5 device?
We will require some files and a Windows computer to jailbreak or root your Samsung device. In some methods. Before rooting your device, ensure your data is adequately backed up and enable debugging mode from your smartphone’s settings.
1. Root your device through the Framaroot App.
- First, go to this URL and download the apk file on your smartphone.
Please note that before installing the app, you have enabled the permission to install from “Unknown sources” from your device settings.
- Open the Framaroot app and select the Install SuperSU option once it is installed.
- When selecting Mining, tap the BOROMIR option.
- When you follow the above step, you can see two results. One possible outcome is Exploit Successful means the device has been successfully rooted. The second option could be that your device does not appear vulnerable; it may mean that the smartphone cannot be embedded as the developers highly protect it.
You can try other apps and an alternative to Framaroot and check if they work. Some of them are Kingoroot and SRSroot.
If the above method doesn’t work, try the following ways:
2. through Wondershare Tunesgo
For this method, you will require a computer and a USB cable. Follow these steps to root your Samsung Galaxy S5 device.
- The first step would be to Unlock Developer Options and start USB debugging mode.
- Once done, install the software name Wondershare TUnesgo on your computer.
- After installing the software, open the same and select the Toolbox option from the top right of the page.
- Inside the Toolbox, the page will move to the More Tools section and click on the One-click Native option.
- A pop-up message will appear where you have to click on ROOT.
- Once clicked, it will root your mobile for up to 15-20 minutes.
To check if your device is rooted or not, go to Android Playstore, install SuperSU and check if it is rooted.
How to Unroot Your Samsung Galaxy S5
Now your mobile is rooted. But now that you have changed your mind or may want to bring your mobile phone to customer service for repair, you always have the option to Unroot your device. Follow these methods to remove your Samsung Galaxy S5 device.
Unroot using the SuperSU app
- Open the Google Play store app and download the SuperSU app.
- Now tap on the Settings tab from the SuperSU app.
- Scroll down and tap Completely unroot.
Use ES File Explorer.
- Install ES File Explorer from Play Store and download it to your internal storage.
- Click the menu option at the top left of the File Explorer app.
- Click on tools and enable Root Explorer’s option.
- Now go back to the dashboard to the destination “/.”
- Go through System> Bin and then delete the SU file.
- Now, go back to System> XBIN and delete the SU file.
- Again move to System> APP and delete the Superuser.apk file.
- After all, files are deleted, reboot your phone, and your phone is now freed.
You can download the root checker app from the play store to confirm this. Let us know what you think about the above methods, and if you have any other manner that works for you, do share it in the comments section below such other users can use it.
Last, Uint. Co sent you details about the topic “How to root or un-root your Samsung Galaxy S5?❤️️”. We hope with helpful information that the article “How to root or un-root your Samsung Galaxy S5?” will help readers to be more interested in “How to root or un-root your Samsung Galaxy S5? [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
“How to root or un-root your Samsung Galaxy S5?” was posted on 2021-03-25 03:40:18. Thank you for reading the article at Uint. Co – The Latest News Technology, Finance, Banking.